CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

IVF #2 (and a half)

Thank you all so so much for your comments of support after my last post. I didn't want to write it, I felt so foolish, I thought about just walking away from the Blog. In the end I posted but didn't expect such comfort. I can't imagine not knowing all you ladies. Thank you all.

The clinic let me carry on with the IVF despite the chemical. Although I started a few days later than expected, the scan/bloods showed I was down regulated.

This cycle has been so much harder than the last. I've had headaches and felt really nauseous. Just yuck all through.

Day 8 scan yesterday showed six follicles on one side and seven on the other. All between 10 and 12 mm. I'm pleased with this but I'm just taking it one step at a time, over thinking just doesn't help.

I have a major day at work on Thursday. Very stressful but I'm taking some time off from Friday. Apart from this there is not an awful lot of excitement right now. I'm just concentrating on growing some pretty eggs!

16 comments:

One View said...

So great to get an update Carrie and that's great you are moving on. I'm so sorry to hear this cycle has been hard but great news on your follicles. Wishing you lots of luck.. and keep growing lots and lots of pretty eggs. :)

CAM said...

So happy you are still here and blogging. I know that it is so hard sometimes to talk here - I haven't written in a long time - but it is so wonderful to get the support. And, support is what you need right now. We are all here to support you.
The egg production sounds like it is going well. Just keep yourself as positive as you can. Keep blogging even if you feel low, we'll be here to help pick you up.
:)

Natalie said...

Wow, I can't believe you're already in the thick of things again! Day 8! Good luck my friend.

Geohde said...

Good luck, Carre,

I hope those eggs grow perfectly,

J

christina(apronstrings) said...

thats a very good response. holy moly. i had 2..TWO decent eggs. so, so far so good. it really does only take one..and it sounds like you might have some frosties. your little ovaries are fighing for you!!!

Ms. Planner said...

I, for one, am SO glad you didn't walk away from your blog. I would have missed you terribly.

Sounds like you are tending to some fabulous eggs.

And one step at a time sounds like a fabulous plan to me. Sometimes it helps to break it down and focus on the here & now.

olivegirl said...

Sounds like things are going really well Carrie! Hang in there. I look forward to hearing some more excellent news.

singletracey said...

So happy to see an update! I will be thinking of you and your pretty eggs!

Waiting Amy said...

Sorry I wasn't around when you were struggling, but I'm so glad you are still posting.

Hang in there Carrie! It sounds like you are cultivating a lovely lot of eggs. Just focus as best you can on the here and now and move slowly forward. Keep posting okay? We'll be here!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good number of eggs. I hope all goes well this cycle.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your down time on Friday.

JJ said...

Sending you continued "growing" thoughts!

Anonymous said...

sounds good. sending positive thoughts. enjoy the day off.

Joy said...

We're always here to support you. I hate that you would doubt that at all.
13 follies sounds like a good number. Hopefully the fact that this cycle seems different will equal a different (better!) outcome.
Still praying for you guys.

tipsymarie said...

I hope everything is continuing to go well; it sounds like you got off to a great start.
Thinking about you!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I am so sorry for the chemical... I know those were rollercoaster days.

But I'm happy you have IVF #2 to look forward to! Please keep us updated how the follicles are growing!

Portia P said...

I'm sorry I've just found this post.

Glad you're into a cycle. You must be close to Egg Collection by now...sounds like you might have quite a few.

Hope all's well and those follies grew well.

xx