CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Here's Who I am.

Oh, I've been tagged by Becks at One Miracle Needed, how exciting. It feels like I'm staying up late with the grown ups! I really enjoyed thinking of this list.

I am clumsy with words but at home with numbers.
I am an animal lover
I am a very private person who finds it hard to share my thoughts and feelings
I am cynical
I am a little sarcastic
I am older, on paper, than I think I should be
I am a daughter, a grandaughter, a wife, an aunt and a sister. I take all these roles seriously.
I am especially close to my grandmother
I am patient
I am not competitive with others, but very with myself
I am recently blonde for the first time in my life
I am absolutely lacking in all creativity unless it involves clothing or decorating
I am friendly but shy which can come across as being reserved
I am unable to show any vulnerable emotion in public. At all.
I am realistic, bordering on pessimistic
I am inquisitive perhaps even nosey
I am a very enthusiastic shopper
I am overly sensitive at times
I am only just getting back on my feet after a year of depression
I am a maths teacher and a dog trainer!(I'll not tell you which is easiest)
I am slightly obsessive, and can be a bit of a nerd!

I e mailed a copy of this to my husband who knows I'm writing a blog, but shows little interest-I think he's glad it's saving him hearing it all again!- and asked him if it was honest and representative. He sent me this reply.

"Only slightly obsessive ????????
What about methodical, organized, sexy, supportive, caring, faddy plus you read all the manuals and understand instructions, and you are not a nerd. "

I thought that was quite sweet of him really. He has a point about the obsessive!

So now I've to tag five others. This is such fun because I've only just learned how to add a link! I'm on a learning curve with a whole lot of things.

I know a lot of you have already done this so please forgive me if I duplicate
Erin at Vicious Cycle of Cycles
Tipsymarie at the Folliefiles
Christina at TheOneLiner
Dmarie at Labellavida
Cibele So I Wait for You

I can't wait to read your lists.

15 comments:

Mama Bear said...

This is so great--thanks for sharing! I particularly liked, "I am unable to show any vulnerable emotion in public. At all." I so hear that! And, your hubby's response is fabulous. (I should think about showing mine to my hubby to see what he thinks...)

Thanks again for sharing! :-)

ultimatejourney said...

I can completely relate to every one of the first five items on your list.

I loved learning more about you.

JW said...

What a nice insight into you.

And your hubby sounds really sweet too, he's a keeper.

Tam said...

Thanks for sharing with us, your hubby sounds sweet, mine would prolly laugh at the control freak thing, I think I border on bossy actually :)

Drowned Girl said...

Can I say hi from another UK miscarrier.. also starting IVF, though in my case it's with eggs donated by a friend... and we're actually at egg collection tomorrow!

www.thedrownedgirl.wordpress.com

x

Cibele said...

Lovely poem!!!!
Thanks for commenting. I am trying to educate my husband in the whole IF thing but like you said, most of the time all he hears is "nah na nah na baby na nahnh"

One View said...

These are great and loved getting to know you better. LOL about your hubby saying only slightly obessive? He sounds like a sweet guy.. :)

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Had I given him the chance, I think that my husband would have offered some suggestions to my I AM poem as well. :-)

Thanks for sharing yours!

Becks said...

Loved it!!! I played snap with youe lost and here's what matched:

I am an animal lover
I am a little sarcastic
I am older, on paper, than I think I should be
I am absolutely lacking in all creativity unless it involves clothing or decorating
I am realistic, bordering on pessimistic
I am inquisitive perhaps even nosey

My other half read mine before I posted, I think he agreed with it all to keep the peace!

If you ever plan a trip south of the border, let me know and we can have a UK get together.

Laura, the (reluctant) baroness said...

I enjoyed your "I Am. . ." Your hubby's comments were very sweet! My guy is also glad I'm blogging now - it takes a little pressure off of his ears.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is really nice - I find that laughing in public makes me feel vulnerable, so I totally get that feeling.

I wrote my "I Am" poem today, too. You should check it out if you get the chance.

Nice blog.

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

neat-o list. i read manuals too. sometimes twice.
your hubby is a cutie. it seems he knows you well.

Cibele said...

Thanks for tagging me. I'll think about it and post soon.
Wow , what I nice poem. It is so nice to get to know you better. Thanks for tagging me. I just wrote 8 random things about myself... I try now to write my” I am poem”. I'll have to do so soul searching

dmarie said...

Loved reading your list. Thanks for the tag :) And how exciting to be blond for the 1st time. How do you like it??

Ms. Planner said...

Hi Carrie - thanks for your nice note on my blog. I have your blog listed on my blog. Hope that is OK with you. Also means I am checking in on you, too :)

Kindly, Ms. Planner