CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 04, 2007

And Now My Mood is.....Green.

I can't believe how quickly this week has flown by.
I've been busy with work and then the evenings have been taken up with my new pastime, gardening.
Now of course as you don't know me this may not sound bizarre but it really is not my sort of thing at all. I have never taken any interest whatsoever in the garden before, not a bit.
We moved into this house at the end of last summer and the garden was pretty low maintenance if somewhat concrete and boring. For the last three weekends my husband has been digging concrete and carting it into skips, digging and moving at least a ton of pebbles and generally working really hard. By Saturday night the place looked so different that I started to take an interest.
I have now visited loads of garden centres, learned about some plants and created my own little haven. And I'm so pleased with it. Into the bargain it seems to have really calmed me down. How odd!
I'm not sure if my enthusiasm will last, I tend to be faddy. Throw myself into things (but not gardening, no way) and then move on BUT at the moment I'm not worried about that. Right now I'm finding this a wonderful distraction and that's got to be good. Maybe it's a mixture of the peace, beautiful weather (very odd for so early in Scotland) and also the exercise that's helping lift my spirits. Who'd have thought it!
On the IVF side, we're nervously awaiting our appointment on Tuesday. Well I'm nervous. I get myself all worked up.
I got back the results of this months blood work. I've googled and googled but I just don't know if it's good or bad. I can only find American measures and I don't know how the UK ones compare.

FSH 7 (U/L)
LH 3 (U/L)
Oestradiol 149 (pmol/L)

I mean, what does it all add up to?
I guess we'll get the verdict on Tuesday but that seems like a long way off. I'm trying not to but I know I'll google some more when my nerves can stand it (anyone else manage to freak themselves out googling?)

So Green it is, for just now anyway.

9 comments:

Tam said...

Hey there, finally decided to stop by and say Hi (sorry it took so long). So we'll be starting our IVF journey together, how cool...glad to have a partner!! Good luck on Tuesday, as you already know...tuesday's it for us aswell, can't wait and i'm sure i'll feel better once I know more too. Gardening's a good way to keep your mind off things and it's so rewarding too :)

Becks said...

I don't know too much about the stats on FSH etc. I think eveyone's different and people who have bad scores can sail through things and people with good scores can still have problems, so but I wouldn't worry.

Tuesday seems a busy day for people - I have my scan to see if my follicles are developing. Good luck wishes being sent from the Midlands to Scotland.

ultimatejourney said...

Good luck on Tuesday. I'll be thinking of you.

JW said...

I love Gardening too, it really takes my mind off whats going on around me and gets me out in the fresh air. And I better not start on how much I LOVE Scotland... Lived there for 7 months in Aberfoyle and its just amazing. Edinburgh is my 2nd favourite city after Prague. You're very lucky. I'm sure you've frequented "The Last Drop" once or thrice!

Good Luck today!!

One View said...

That's great you found something to calm you down and found a new hobby you enjoy.. :) :) Good luck at your appointment.

Mama Bear said...

I hope everything went well yesterday! And, it's so great that you've found a hobby to help take your mind off things sometimes--I need to get one of those!

Nicole said...

Unfortunately, I am useless as far as interpreting these stats. But, I am much better with the gardening. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie, I'm so sorry I'm only seeing this post now. By now you've had your appointment and have hopefully got all the answers -- I hope it went really well.

Drowned Girl said...

FSH and LH US and Uk use the same measure. For E2 and prog etc, you need to divide the UK measure by 3.71 to get the US equiv