CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Plodding On.

I can't believe it's over a week since I posted. Where does the time go? At the moment I have a few major things happening.....

Work has moved up a gear with end of year reports and testing. Next week I'm off to the Lake District with my class for camp, I hope the weather is good, and then there are only four weeks of term left. Yea and yikes all in the same breath!

My new hobby of gardening is also quite time consuming. Whenever the weather is good I'm trying to get out and do a little more. I love it but hours go by so quickly. It's also hard work! I didn't realise. I thought that little old people pottered in the garden, how hard can it be? Hmmm someone should tell that to my aching body, it feels like I've been in a fight with a truck.

I also compete in dog agility and flyball, you know like horse jumping for dogs. Madness for sure. I used to be quite heavily involved but gave it all up (along with everything else) last year. In an attempt to move on and have a normal life I've tried to get back into it again. I'm now back at Flyball, this is a team event, and we have a qualifier (for Crufts) on Saturday, so we have been training a couple of nights a week. I don't think I'm back for good, it's funny how things I used to enjoy now seem pointless, I'm not sure I still have the same passion for the whole scene but the company is good.

In a direct contrast to the busy stuff mentioned above, life in my TTC world seems to be very dull and soooo slow. I'm now 8dpo on a completely natural cycle. I ovulated on day 19 which is usual for me without Clomid. Of course I'm hoping that we'll have nailed it this month and will have a newborn early next year but, realistically CD1 is expected Sunday or Monday. On CD1 I have to arrange my day 20 appointment and order up my drugs. This is causing me a little difficulty.

The clinic have provided me with a number of choices of drugs, a little like a dinner menu.
For starters I can choose between sniffing Synarel, sniffing Suprefact or one or two injections Prostap. I don't fancy sniffing and remembering the timings etc so I think I'll go for Prostap injections. Any advice?

For main course the choices are Menopur, Golal F or Puregon. This course appears to be the most important choice and the one I have spent most time obsessing researching. I think I might opt for the Menopur but I so hate when you eat out and, halfway through the meal, wish you had chosen something else.
I'm not aware of the desert options yet. I usually like desert the best and always check them out first, choosing the other courses accordingly. This time I'm not so bothered. I don't think any of the choices are going to excite me awfully.

I'm sure I read somewhere that one of the primary stresses of modern life was all due to having too much choice. Now I HATE being told to do something without an option or an explanation. I wouldn't like just to be dictated to. I am, however finding this choice very difficult to make, I just don't have the knowledge. I'm trying to console myself with the fact that they all must be pretty similar or the clinic would be much more advisory in my selection? Perhaps this is just their way of trying to make me feel like I have a little control? I'm so scared of doing the wrong thing. Anyone tried any of these? Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.

I have been tagged for the eight game but I think I've written enough for today. A feast or a famine, hey, that about sums me up!

8 comments:

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

i took menpopur and i didn't have any problems. there are also studies that say it has higher success rates than the others.

i hope you fall in those "success rates" this time.

One View said...

Our clinic never gave us a choice so I think its nice you have one but I could see your dilemma. Don't worry, you will not make the wrong choice.

Personally I was glad I was given Synarel to sniff. The less injections I had to do, I thought the better. A lot of girls on my IVF support board were complaining about Lupron injections (never heard of Prostap) and for me the Synarel was the easy part. I just had my alarm on my phone every 12 hours and it was super easy. I could do it even from my own office without people noticing. Its just like a nasal spray. So I think injections would be harder for me. As for stims, we only had the choice of both Puregon or Gonal-F with a combination of Repronex. Puregone and Gonal-F worked the same for me. Alot of girls on my support board were using Menopur and it worked great. So I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them. Hope that helps.

Thinking about you and good luck with everything.

dmarie said...

Sorry I have no experience with the meds. Glad to hear you're getting back into things you enjoy! Welcome back to posting. I've been wondering about you. Worried you were still kicking your hubby's butt for doing so poorly on the quiz...lol

JW said...

I'm surprised they don't tell you what they think is best for you. I sniffed the Synarel, which was okay, twice a day, 12 hours apart. It just gave me headaches and stuffy sinuses. Then I took Gonal F in the pen form, its really easy and doesn't need to be mixed up etc. I think they're much of a muchness and will all do the same for you. Best of luck and I hope you don't need them after all....

Ms. Planner said...

I don't have experience with meds (yet) but know what you mean about finding activities you once enjoyed as being pointless. It is a one-day-at-time thing for me and I try to find some joy in it while I'm doing it. Good luck with it all :)

Cheers.

Erin said...

Will you have fun camping, or is it mostly kid-wrangling? Sound a lot more fun than my job, that's for sure. I wish I could help you out with the drug decisions, but I don't have any experience with those. I think you're right, though. Your RE would be more bossy if one was better than the other. Good luck!!

Cibele said...

How about progesterone for desert?? good luck making the right choice

Becks said...

Hiya. I had the injections for down reg (buserelin) and Menopur for stims. Didn't have a problem with any of them, a[art from being a rubbish responder, which is me not the drugs.

Hope the qualifer has gone well, if you get to crufts and its at the Birmingham NEC, let me know!!