CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007-Welcome 2008

So 2007 is almost over.

I was going to write a good/ bad list of things that have happened but I've decided against it. Trawling over things won't change anything and, as much as I'm a little fragile right now, I have a lot to be thankful for.

2007 really was a year of two halves. The first half was quite positive really. Nothing much happened but I healed as a person.


You see, at the beginning of 2006 I was pregnant and positive, into the second trimester, quite relaxed even. When this went wrong, on the 25th January, that was the end of 2006 for me, I sank into the most awful black time. I went from bad to worse. 2006 was THE year from HELL.

At the beginning of 2007 I started to get back on track, making plans, looking forward. We found a clinic and committed to IVF. Scary but it was progress

Then a massive up, we came to the first IVF in June/July. Surprise pregnancy during down regulation, yeah!

The second half wasn't so settled, a drawn out miscarriage and then an IVF (take 2) failure.


But I survived. Yes I was sad, I am sad, but I didn't go back to where I had been in 2006, not by a long way.

After the miscarriage and even the IVF failure I was really worried about how I would cope. In 2006 I realised how easily one can fall into a pit of blackness and how difficult it is to try to climb out. I never want to be in that place again. Sometimes that makes me anxious to avoid situations that could push me in this direction. Unfortunately, when TTC , it is just impossible to avoid. There is no way around it. Either you put yourself on the line and try, or you don't. There is no way to protect yourself or guarantee success.

I have had an up and down year, and some of it has been hard, but there has been a difference too. In 2007 I joined an amazing community of woman who were struggling with the same demons as I was/am. I was no longer alone. I no longer felt isolated and afraid of my own feelings. I could relate to others who communicated their feelings better than I ever could, if you can relate to others then your own feelings are validated too. It was my saviour this year. You all made the difference this year.

This community can't change the outcome but it certainly has made the journey so much more bearable. Thank you all for being there.

As for 2008. Let's hope it is filled with happy news and good things. I know it'll be full of support, no matter what. For all of us.

Happy Hogmanay.

13 comments:

Sunny said...

I am hoping for no more black holes in 2008. Only dreams come true. Here's to 2008!

M said...

Happy New Year to you too my friend - like you 2006 was my year from hell (and 2005), and I'm determined not to let my desire for a child dictate my 2008!

Have a drink for me.... x

Makingpeace said...

First, let me say I'm so sorry for your loss. I felt like we really connected and I was so sad when your outcome wasn't what we all were hoping for. That said, I'm glad that you're looking forward to 2008, a new beginning for anything and everything you want to do. I wish you all the best and will continue to check in on you. Let's hear it for technology and the ability to connect with people all around the world!

Waiting Amy said...

With all you have been through, you are a strong woman. I'm glad you are part of this community.

Here is to 2008 being a different kind of year for all of us. Happy New Year, friend!

Portia P said...

I'm so sorry for the year you've had. You've done well to get through it but you do sound very strong and positive about 2008 though.

LIke you, much of my strength has been from the blogging girls. It's good to have you around.

Let's make 2008 a great year! x

Schatzi said...

Happy New Year!

May 2008 bring you the fulfillment of your dreams.

JJ said...

Glad you are a part of this community! I am rooting for a GREAT year for you in 2008!

Silver said...

I'm with m - I've spent too many New Years toasting to "this'll be the year" etc etc. This year, I'm just going to see what happens. Meeting you has been one of the good bits of 2007 - and you're the one who finally got me blogging instead of just lurking on other people's. So thank you - and you deserve a better year! Looking forward to hearing what you decide - IVF no 2 sounds good, but a puppy is pretty irresistable - could you have both ;-).

Ms. Planner said...

I am wishing for you that your most dearest dreams are realized in 2008. You, my friend, deserve nothing less.

Lisa said...

Hoping 2008 brings you much deserved happiness.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tam said...

I am so hoping that 2008 brings you all your heart desires and more!!

Love and hugs xxx

CAM said...

It is so hard when the year was marked with such sadness...but we have to try to keep positive.
Thanks for the kind words in your comment for me...it means so much!
:)