CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Health Kick

I figured if we are going to pay all this money for IVF then I really should make sure I'm as healthy as I can be. Both to cope with the process and so I've nothing to reproach myself about in the future.
Hmmmm health kick. Fantastic. I've put on around two stone in the last two years. I put on weight when I was pregnant, just over a stone, but when we lost that pregnancy my weight dropped below pre-pregnancy so now I can't figure out how I'm so heavy. Well I do know actually. All that feeling sorry for myself comfort eating and meals out. A little pleasure when things weren't nice.
But.........time to take control again. I've always been quite little so I really don't like all this extra however I've tried to get back on track a few times and just can't summon up the enthusiasm. It's always tomorrow. I was visiting my friend last week and she looked great, I was curious to her weight loss in a fairly short time frame and asked what she'd done. Turns out she'd been on this detox diet and dropped a fair bit in nine days.
There was nothing else for it, detox box was ordered and I've started today. It appears I'm eating Bee Pollen tablets, drinking aloe vera gel and one protein shake a day. Joy. It only lasts like this for 2 days and then a 600 cal meal for the next seven. I know it's probably not the best idea but if it gives me a flying start then surely I'll stay on track after???? So, this sounds like a positive step to me and although I'm starving with a woolly headache I am going to try to stick to it.

Has anybody any tips of ways to get myself physically ready for this process? I'd love to hear tips on diet or exercise which will specifically help in this situation.

Anyway time for my tea, aloe vera gel and Bee pollen capsules.It certainly cuts down on the cooking. I hope this is all worth it.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

No tips or assvice on this one. Since my miscarriage I have indulged in at least one bag of Cheetos per day.

dmarie said...

I did a detox that didn't work for me unfortunately. Turns out I'm not toxic--just fat...lol Good luck to you and congrats for getting started to feeling better!

Erin said...

I'm doing something similar, but I don't have the willpower to do a detox cleanse. I like food way too much, unfortunately. But I've been trying to go more organic and unprocessed I'm taking L-arginine and thinking about starting to drink or take wheatgrass. I'm not a big juice person, so we'll see. I hope your detox works! Maybe it will be the inspiration for me to try one. (But not for 9 months or so!) Good luck!

ultimatejourney said...

I'm having trouble getting back on track myself. I've only gained a few pounds, but I just can't get motivated to quit the comfort eating. I need some inspiration to get past the self-pitying attitude of "who cares if I gained a few pounds, I can't have a f*ing baby with my husband." Maybe you can provide that inspiration, and I'll provide lots of encouragement and well-wishes for you.

One View said...

I first wanted to say thank you for your encouraging and supportive comment on my blog.

I tried to get myself physically ready for my IVF as well. I did acupuncture and drank the awful awful chinese tea which didn't help me but have heard has helped some girls. For my last one, I tried to get to an optimal weight and health as well and was having healthy shakes every day with whey protein and flax seed. Some girls has found whey protein improve the quality of the embryo's. It didn't help me but its worked some women. I also tried to eat more whole wheats (even whole wheat pasta) and more fruits and vegetables in my diet as well. Someone once also recommended Fertility yoga by Monica Morell.. so I bought the DVD. Both fertility yoga and acupuncture ulimately didn't change my results but they did help me to relax and I felt like I was doing something positive for myself.

Good luck to you.

Cibele said...

Hi, that is my first time "visiting " your blog. I also put on lots of weight by comforting myself with food during my 2 year (so far)IF journey and today I could not believe what the scale "told me". Could you send me some more info about this detox plan? I would appreciated it
good luck on getting ready for IVF!