CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Last Chance.

It's day 14 and I appear to be ovulating. Yea.
It's the last (almost) natural cycle before starting IVF. It's freaking me out. I can't help but think what a relief/celebration it would be to miraculously fall pregnant (and stay pregnant) this cycle and just skip the whole IVF thing. It can happen, I'm sure it must have to somebody, somewhere. Now that sounds good.
Still it's also good to see my cycle behaving normally. It'll make the bloodwork etc easier to plan for. I thought I had all the dates mapped out but then last month I had a 19 day cycle. Now that is weird. It appears from my temps that I ovulated on day 5. Is that even possible? I was still taking Clomid until day 8. Seems strange to me. I'll mention it to the doctor tomorrow (just add it to the list!)
So last cycle, still on Clomid which shortens my cycles from about 31 days to 28, seems to help me ovulate earlier and lengthens my LP. The doc said he really didn't think it would make a lot of difference but will keep things nice and controlled and shouldn't do any real harm (What about a freaky short cycle, Hu?). Great. Take these drugs which may drive you mad and ruin your marriage. Probably for nothing and probably won't do any real harm. How reassuring.
Anyway as it happens I don't find Clomid too bad at all. A little headachey but pretty good mostly. Mood swings are questionable. This whole process affects my moods. Who's to say it's the Clomid?

That's it then, this month or IVF.
Wow. I never thought it would come to this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie, thanks for your comment and welcome to this wonderful blogging community! The reasons we're all here are terrible, but the company is incredible. I hope you find all the support and friendship that I did, and I wish you great success in your efforts. May this cycle hold wonderful surprises for you!

Nicole said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. I love having a new blog to stalk, er um, visit. I have great hope for this cycle and for you. I wish you the best of the best in the future. I'll be back for more.

ultimatejourney said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm always glad to find a new friend. I'll definitely stop by and visit you often. I'm sorry you've had such a long, difficult struggle to get/stay pregnant. If you're looking for something to write about sometime, I'd be curious to know how you decided to go straight from Clomid to IVF without injectables/IUI in between. (But I'll keep hoping that you don't have to do IVF.)

ultimatejourney said...

Oops. Sorry about the confusion. I forget how I came across your blog, but it didn't occur to me that there would be more than one Carrie in IF blog land. So I thought you were the one who commented on my blog. My mistake :) I'm glad we found each other, though!