CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Little Better

Thank you all so much for your comments on my last post. I cannot imagine where else one could find such a wealth of knowledge alongside people who understand the emotional swings involved in this journey. It's truly been a gift to stumble across such a place. I'm really grateful to have you all :-)

The latest scan room news is actually better. There are now 10 follicles. All but two measure between 13 and 17, the two little 'uns are 8 and 9. I feel better although I had decided if six was all there were to be then I would just have to deal with it.

On a very positive note, I am really growing to like this clinic. I have seen the same nurse every visit, she's so gentle-mannered, and I like the familiarity of the same face each time. Last night she said she would reckon on theatre on Friday (which was confirmed after blood test results today) but then she told me that she was sorry but she wouldn't be there, she goes on holiday on Friday. I'm really worried. I told Mr L that this had thrown me and he reassured me that he'd be there. 'Yes I know that but I want Nurse Gentle,' was my less than tactful reply. Oh dear, I seem to have offended him now!!

This week has flown by. I can't believe it's only a day or two of injections left. It seems too speedy when I consider the build up. And now theatre is looming.

Now that is scary on a whole new level!

7 comments:

Erin said...

What great news that a few more follies decided to join the party! Can't wait to hear how retrieval goes! Hopefully your nurse will be there, but if not I'm sure things will still be perfect!

Geohde said...

Getting to retrieval is wonderful :)

FWIW, unless you're nuts like me and do it awake, you'll be bombed out and won't remember a sweet thing about that dang big needle.

xx

J

Waiting Amy said...

Great to hear that things are going well! Wishing you a great retrieval and a quick 2ww. (It looks like we'll be waiting about the same time.)

Good luck!

christina(apronstrings) said...

well, good. i am glad that your ovaries kickd into gear.
it does happen fast.
GL! GL!

Ms. Planner said...

Like you, I can't believe how fast it has gone by either. Wow. Wishing you all the luck in the world on Friday.

Von said...

That's a good result you have there.
Best of luck with your retrevial tomorrow. I am sure all will be well.

Natalie said...

Woohoo, more follies! Glad it's going well cycle sista. You, me, Amy, and Becks... so close in our dates - it's a good distraction for me.

Good luck:-)