CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Show is on the Road.


Yeah! I survived Granny's birthday party. The family behaved very well and the oldies had a ball, even the entertainment was better than I expected. I'm so relieved it is all over. I don't think I truly realised how worried I was about it all until the Saturday afternoon. I've included a picture especially for Ms. Planner!!

Another reminder that I was not 26 weeks pregnant as I had, at one point, worked out I would be for this event. Saturday was also CD1. Still, it wasn't a huge surprise, just another ironic sign that the world is laughing at me.
I phoned the clinic and made an appointment for a day 3 scan on Monday morning. (This was really so awkward for work too. I couldn't even inform them until I wasn't there, if you know what I mean).

I had convinced myself that there would be a reason to be delayed this month. I mean really. I was quite shocked when we got the go ahead to start. The next shock was the box of drugs. Yes, I've seen pictures, but there really are a lot of drugs, huh? The lovely nurse talked me through the procedure and I gave myself my first injection. It was fine. Really fine. I'm so glad.

So, this is my second day of injecting. 225 iu Menopur twice a day for the first two days. Tomorrow I'm down to 225 iu once a day and on Thursday I'm back to the clinic for a scan and (hopefully) if all is well, will start Orgalutran too.

I still can't believe we are finally on this part of the journey. For as long as it has been in the planning stages I didn't actually believe it would come to this. I'm sort of in shock. It is probably best to be in shock. It kind of tones down the reality.

I hope I can continue with my head in the sand for a little while longer. Real life can be ugly. This afternoon I had two pregnancy announcements within an hour and a half. No one who is a big part of my life but they still launched me through a range of emotions, mostly anger (why??). The second one was a girl who told me she was trying when I was pregnant (before it was looking dodgy) I just had this awful feeling that she'd have a baby before me. Even then. That's all sorts of messed up. And sometimes it is really horrible to be right.

I'm calm now. Just got to make it to Thursday without freaking out. Hopefully something is happening and we will get to see this cycle through. Isn't it funny what we wish for sometimes?!!

8 comments:

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I'm glad the party went well... But so sorry AF showed. There's always mixed emotions starting a new meidcated cycle... Sorry we're there, but just glad to have an option on how to proceed forward.

Good luck on the shots.

Becks said...

Hey cycle buddy!!

Glad you have jumped on board, I'm here for you if you need to talk at any stage....just drop me an email.

We can hold hands together.

christina(apronstrings) said...

well, i'm gald you had a good time. sorry about cd 1. it sucks! i'm glad you're on your way. although, of course, i wish you were on a diferent journey, too.

yeah! you're cycle is starting.

Geohde said...

Carrie,

I hope that this IVF cycle goes smoothly for you...

If you ever need advice on cylces that have gone to sh!t, email me. I've got loads of practise at them by now :)

xx

J

Natalie said...

Starting's good hey? Mine may or may not have started yesterday, I can't tell so I'm waiting for a call, but I'm wishing you all sorts of luck and thinking tons of good thoughts for you.

Ms. Planner said...

Love. the. photo. Merci beau coup.

Carrie, while I wish you were not on this journey, I am glad that your cycle is on it's way. Please know how many of us around the globe have you in our thoughts and prayers. Off to a fresh start is a very good thing...xoxo.

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Happy Birthday Granny! CD1 is always a bitch - hope the drugs are kind to you xo

Von said...

How did yesterday go?