CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Next Exciting Event in my Life.

My Granny is 90 on Friday and we are having a big party. My brother suggested the idea about a year ago, and then went back home to London leaving mum and I to sort it! We're having a meal (Tip to everyone-Don't book a sit down meal when you have a complicated family, the seating plan was a nightmare) As if this wasn't bad enough, we have booked The Tar*tan La*ds ( a pair of silver haired old crooners, must be at least seventy each by now- highlight of Granny's DVD collection) to play. Still, she's really excited so I hope it'll be worth all the headaches. Family are arriving towards the end of the week. Mostly from the UK but my dad, and his wife, are flying over from Australia (she's his mum but my mum was always close to her MIL and continued to be after my dad left)
It'll be nice to see everyone although I am feeling a little tense about both sides of the family being in the same building. It hasn't happened since my parents split. Surely everyone will behave?

And I can't help but think, when I was pregnant in July, I was hoping to be doing all this with a bump. Sigh.

Still, the up and coming cycle helps me not to dwell on what might have been. The short version is....

No down regulation due to my AHM being 17.4 . Seemingly being over 15 puts me at risk of over responding, so I'll start on day 2 or 3 of my next cycle.
CD 1 expected on Sat or Sun so scan/bloods/startMenopur probably Mon or Tue
Another scan/bloods on day 4 of Menopur. Start Orgalutran.
See how it goes.
Possible egg retrieval dates 27 Nov- 3rd Dec??

It all seemed so wooly and far away. I really haven't given it a huge amount of thought. Not really like me. Now I write it I can't believe it is all kicking off so soon.

It's probably good to have had Gran's party to organise, saves over thinking everything else. The major downside of this timing will be having to cope with Christmas only a week or so after learning the outcome. It may not be easy but I still thinks it beats having done nothing. The frustration was killing me.

Please spare a thought for me on Saturday night. Between kilted, geriatric bagpipe players, a room full of 80+ and 90+ (mainly) woman and a family with a LOT of baggage, all in the same room for the first time in a decade. I just hope I manage to make it to next week!!

7 comments:

Geohde said...

Good luck with all the geriatric kilted ones ;)

Your cycle will whizz by, faster than you expect. I'll hope that it goes swimmingly for you,

xx

J

JJ said...

Happy birthday Granny! What a birthday!

Ill be thinking of you Saturday night=0)

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

happy birthday to G!
glad your cycle is shapin up ; )

Natalie said...

Good luck with the party:-)

Tam said...

Wow, things are moving along. Can't wait to hear updates on your cycle.

Good luck with Gran's birthday party!!

dmarie said...

Best of Luck with the party!! Will definitely be thinking of you and wishing much success--on all sides--this weekend!

Ms. Planner said...

Happy birthday to you Granny. You MUST post a picture of the entertainment! I think it is wonderful that you have this terrific, unforgetable, family event to occupy some space in your life right now. Thanks for giving an update on your protocol. I will have EVERYTHING crossed for you.