CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

What Could Go Wrong?

Could the trigger injection make me ultra emotional? Perhaps I have just finally cracked, something is definitely making me cry.

This week, the one where I'm patting myself on the back for taking -almost-everything in my stride, just took on a new look.

Last night I had to trigger at 7.30 to be ready for theatre Friday morning. I must say that is one pressure injection, I was worrying about spilling it or screwing it up all day. I got home at six and decided to walk my dogs locally rather than drive to the usual park, just in case the car broke down or I got held up. Over the top cautious but 'better safe than sorry' is a definite trait of mine.

I walked them around the woods out the back of my house and played with a ball a little. It was pitch black so not much fun but good enough. About 6.45 I thought I'd head back to get all sorted. Bath, mixed up etc. Mr L was working late so it was just me. I trudged through the woods until I was just at the back of my house, not far from the garden gate, and then Wham!! I fell over. Spectacularly.

There is a huge log that has been there forever, I was being so careful about walking when it was so dark, but I must have lost concentration and forgot. I fell right over it. A comedy fall, not a trip. My hand went down a ditch and ny head/nose hit a huge rock. There was such a cracking noise and this huge white flash. Like a cartoon. I didn't think that really happened but it does! I was sure I'd broken my nose.

I gathered myself together in a daze and headed indoors, collected ice from the freezer and made a cold pack. I looked at myself in the mirror. What a mess! and I mean mess.

I phoned my mum and as soon as she spoke I started to howl. I gave her such a fright too because I just couldn't speak for crying. And I couldn't stop.

It was now twenty past seven and I had to get ready for the trigger. Still sobbing, I put the ice pack down, mixed the Pregnyl, injected the mix and went back to cooling my eye. I didn't stop crying.

I'm swollen today. It hasn't really bruised (I never bruise) but both my nose and left eye are fairly puffy and fat. And I'm still emotional. So much so I've taken the day off work, that's just not like me.

Theatre tomorrow morning. No make up, as spotty as I've ever been in my life, and now with a fat nose and swollen eye. Fantastic. It gets better and better.

11 comments:

christina(apronstrings) said...

oh sweet pea. that sounds just awful. poor, poor you. i am sure that you just have so much in your head that it's impossible to pay attention to the present.
be careful. and pray g-d that today is a better day.
wish you weren't so far, i'd bring you some soup. xoxo

Waiting Amy said...

Oh my goodness! That is terrible! I hope the ice helped. This is always a crazy time in the cycle. Take it easy today and just hang.

Good luck tomorrow!

dmarie said...

Ohhhh--I'm so sorry about your fall. I hope everything else is smooth sailing for you :)

JJ said...

Uggg, so sorry for the fall. Hope you feel better asap.

Becks said...

Oh Carrie - you poor thing, what a nightmare. Try to relax as much as possible tonight, get an early night and try not to worry.

I'll be thinking of you x

Ms. Planner said...

When the doctors ask you about the bruise, which they probably will, you must promise me you will say, "oh, it hurts a little but you should see the other girl." :)

Regardless, I wish I were closer so I could give you a big hug. You sound like you sure could use one. Thinking of you.

Geohde said...

Oh Carrie,

How sucky. and painful.

Wishing you a wonderfully successful retrieval...

xx

J

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I am SO very sorry to hear about that AWFUL fall. I'm glad to hear your nose wasn't broken, but what a horrible time to get so beat up.

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Awww, I'm so sorry it sucked so much. Things get us when we're least expecting it, sigh. Hang in there and hopefully it'll all go well. Good luck:-)

Joy said...

Oh my goodness.
And I sit here maybe giggling just a little at your fall.
I'm such a clutz, too.. that's totally what I would have done.
I never bruise either. It always hurts like hell, but looks fine so people think I'm a whiner.

I'm sorry you're feeling so emotional. But I think you have plenty to feel emotional about. Cry all you want. Hopefully you'll tell your child about this one of these days..

--Trish

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Ouch, way to kick your own butt! Best of luck with your EPU. Thinking of you xo