CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The One I Hadn't Considered

Throughout my journey through infertility and miscarriage I have grown used to things not going well. I have become accustomed to being under a black cloud due to my frustration and inability to become pregnant, despite the oh so carefully timed sex, the lack of caffeine, alcohol, the consuming of whole grains and the continious bypassing of refined carbs and sugar, not to mention the pile of vitamins I throw down daily.

I've tried acupuncture, reflexology, hypnosis and meditation. I've upped my exercise and then calmed it again in case it was too much. I've stayed still for hours after sex. I've tried to smile through others announcements. Watched colleagues at work grow round and go on mat leave, I've visited friends and family with newborns. I've watched these babies grow into happy, cute toddlers. I've had to watch as baby number two is announced and cried as we've got nowhere. Nowhere at all.

I've been at the Clinic and I'm back home. I thought I knew why this cycle wasn't going well. I thought I was responding poorly to the down regulation. I'd never heard of this before but I was sure, if it was at all possible, if anyone could get it wrong, I could. Why not?

The reason that the down regulation hasn't gone exactly to plan is because I'm pregnant. Yep, somehow in the middle of a down reg cycle. How the f*ck? I was speechless. Not even emotional, just stunned. Of all the possible reasons for my lack of period, I never thought this would be it. (or could be it.)
I hope some of you are ok with reading this. It's kind of a surprise announcement situation. If you were following this story at all, you certainly wouldn't have been expecting this. I certainly wasn't. I hate surprises, and for that I am sorry. Especially if it is difficult for you to read. It would have been for me.

Of course, I've been here before. It isn't as much exciting as absolutely terrifying. There's even the extra worry of the effect of the Prostap (Lupron) to consider. I'll post about these thoughts when I have time to gather myself. But it's a start and, wow, I'll take it.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous reason for the cycle not to be going to plan. I hope things go well.

One View said...

Wow.. that is great news. Guess I should of read this post before I commented on your earlier post. I agree, what a great reason for your cycle not to go the way you wanted. I wish you well and I hope that everything goes smoothly from here on.

ultimatejourney said...

Carrie!!! Holy cow, I hadn't considered that possibility either! I'm speechless too. Congratulations! I hope you have a beautiful bundle of joy in your arms 8 months from now.

Becks said...

This is absolutely amazing!!!! I am so thrilled for you Carrie. Hoping all goes well from now on.

Erin said...

It's a start and a damn good one! Congrats! I will be thinking good thoughts for you!! CONGRATS!

Geohde said...

Holy crap!

Congratulations.

I would think that since you've managed to stay knocked up past the lupron, that you're probably fine. The HCG from the baby kept that ole corups luteum going, despite external attempts to do otherwise ;)

dmarie said...

Wow! What a wonderful surprise :) Congrats!!!!!

Mama Bear said...

Holy Sh*t!! What a wonderful surprise! You're like a real-live urban legend. :-)

Congratulations!

Natalie said...

That's really really great, congrats.

hammygirl said...

That's such a fantastic surprise!!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD!!! Carrie, that is a wonderful surprise!!! I did a double take when I read the happy news! I am thrilled for you and your DH; many congratulations!

M said...

What an awesome reason for it not to be going well!
Congratulations!

Topcat said...

Wow - I have been following your story - what wonderful news Carrie! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie, I'm so happy and hopeful for you! I had considered that possibility after reading your last post, but I wasn't going to go into a three-mile radius of posting a comment like that... also, what are the chances??

My dear, please stop apologizing!

Baby Blues said...

A pleasant surprise! Wonderful! I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly. Congratulations!

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Holy cow! Congratulations!

Ms. Planner said...

CARRIE! OMG. Surprise, surprise, indeed. I am so happy for you. Really. Truly. Happy.

I know that with the past miscarriages that the next weeks (days, hours) will be filled with a bit of anxiety. How could they not be? But I know that you will find your way to manage and we will all be rooting for you.

Smiling for you, Ms. Planner

Cibele said...

Wow, I am speacheless Carrie. I am so excited with this news, it gives me hope!!!!!!!!! I trully hope that from now on you can use to good news

JW said...

Wow Carrie, what great news to return to! Congratulations, I'm sure it was a huge shock for you, especially being in the middle of down regulating! Huge Congrats to you, can't wait to meet your little burn! x

Tam said...

Oh my goodness, I really didn't expect this one. Congrats sweetie, I am praying that everything goes really well for you guys!

Hugs xxx

N7 said...

HOLY CRAP- Thats amazing news- CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

holy moly, i am soooooo happy for you. its going to go fine. it is. it is.
YES!