CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Freedom

I'm on holiday. Yipee, yipee, yipee. Seven weeks off.

The last couple of weeks have been full on. A school performance to perfect and then perform to parents and all the usual end of term stuff. I've let my Blogging slip a little but I'll have plenty of time to read all your news now.

On the cycle front, a bit of a hitch I reckon. I was told that I would get my period 7-10 days after the Prostap injection. I'm now on day 13, that can't be good. Does anyone know what this might mean?
I'm guessing that it'll mean that either I'm just slow to down regulate and will be ok, just a little behind schedule or (and I have to say I think this is more likely) I've not responded to the drug and therefore haven't down regulated. This is one that I think may be true as I have had none of the afore mentioned side effects, the only ones I have experienced are tender breasts and a little nausea (how ironic, isn't my body just full of fun little digs.) I'll phone the clinic tomorrow. My fear is that if I haven't responded well to the down regulation they'll suggest starting it all again next month. Is that likely, do you think? That would be extremely frustrating. Still no point getting in a state yet. Tomorrow will do fine!

Right I'm off to see what's been happening around here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I can't offer you any advice on your cycle. I hope it goes well and that you don't have to wait a month. I am slow responder and so far I've managed to go through but it's nail biting.

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, seven weeks off! Fantastic!

I don't know anything about the Prostap injection, but I agree it's better to wait and see what the doctor says before working yourself into a frenzy. Fingers crossed!

Mama Bear said...

I can't offer any advice either, but really hope that you don't have to wait it out. Although, in the long run, waiting it out and getting it right will, however frustrating, be worth it. I hope tomorrow's appt goes well though, and that things look good! Keep us posted...

ANd I'm so jealous of your 7-week break! Man do I ever miss summer vacations! :-)

Geohde said...

I have no experience with down regulation protocols, but it does seem rather a cruel irony to not be able to suppress ovarian function. I mean, honestly, how frustrating for you. I offer you my sympathy and I hope you get your answer soon.

Becks said...

Oh to have 7 weeks off....you lucky thing!!

I was told that my period might be late when down regulating, but I am not sure that is hugely helpful. Give them a call tomorrow and we'll hope it's all normal.

One View said...

I'm so jealous you get 7 weeks off.. :) :) Enjoy your time off.

When I was down regulated, I didn't get my period for 15 days sometimes even though they told me it should come in 7 to 10 days. And I still responded well to the FSH drugs. So I don't think its a huge concern but I hope you get some answers to ease your mind. Good luck!!!